Resources & Affiliations
- Johnson, S.M. & Naidoo, A.V. (2017) Can evolutionary insights into the brain’s response to threat suggest different interventions for perceived stress and burnout for teachers in high-risk schools? SA Journal of Psychology. Doi: 10.1177/0081246316675588
- Johnson, S.M., & Naidoo, A.V. (2016). A psychoeducational approach for prevention of burnout among teachers dealing with HIV/AIDS in South Africa. AidsCare. Advance online publication. doi:10.1080/09540121.2016.1201193
- Johnson, S.M. (2015). Reducing teacher stress and burnout in high-risk secondary schools with Transactional Analysis. International Journal of Transactional Analysis Research 6(1), 70-85.
- Johnson, S.M., and Naidoo, A.V. (2013). Transpersonal practices as prevention intervention for burnout among HIV/Aids coordinator teachers. SA Journal of Psychology, 43: 59 – 70.
Books & Chapters In Books
- Johnson, S. (2019). Psychobiography as an effective research methodology for the advocacy of abused and neglected youth in South Africa. In C. Mayer & Z. Kovary (Eds.). New trends in psychobiography. Cham, CH: Springer.
- Johnson, S. (2019 – in review). Multiple perspectives of institutional care for neglected youth in South Africa. In C. Walker, S. Zlotowitz and A.Zoli (Eds.). New ideas for new times:A handbook of innovative community and clinical psychologies. Brighton, UK: University of Brighton.
- Johnson, S. (2019). Disempowerment to Self-belief: Centre of Hope for vulnerable youth in Cape Town. In M. Diaz and B. Shephard (Eds.), Narrating Perspectives in Childhood and Adolescence. New York: Columbia University Press.
- Johnson, S.M. (2011). Teacher Wellness. In L. Benjamin (Ed.), More than a drop in the ocean. Cape Town: CASE (Community Action towards a Safer Environment).
- Johnson, S. (2019 – in press). Lessons in care: Triumph over trauma and tribulation of maltreated youth in South African state care. Cape Town: Amazon.
- Johnson, S. (2019 – in press). Circles of Care: Creating a Teacher Trauma Tool in High Risk Schools in Cape Town. Cape Town: Amazon.
Workshops & PowerPoint Slide Presentations
- Creating Circles of Care.
- Enneagram Workshop – Understanding your Personality type.
- Surviving Stress and Beating Burnout.
- Living Values.
- Dealing with the YES brain in children.
- Temperament vs Labelling.
- Improving Classroom Behaviour.
- Skills for dealing with Explosive Children.